Embedded Internet & Ethernet are hot topics today. Nowadays the Ethernet protocol becomes the de-facto standard for local area network. Via Internet, connectivity is occurring everywhere, from home appliances to vending machines to testing equipment to UPS…etc. Many embedded designers now face dilemma of adding Ethernet interface to their products, either for use with local networks or for connecting to the Internet. Solutions to this problem include both hardware and software. Connecting via Ethernet requires a software protocol called TCP/IP. The installed base of Ethernet networks is huge and growing. Most office building, factories, and new homes have installed Ethernet network. With Ethernet, the network is always available. Using Ethernet for network in industrial area is appealing because the required cabling is already installed.
The I-7188EX is powered by 80188-40 processor with 512K bytes of static RAM, and 512K bytes of Flash memory. One serial RS-232 port and one RS-485 port are provided. Ethernet support is provided by a NE-2000 compatible controller with 16K bytes of on-chip buffer memory and 10Base-T media interface. The I-7188EX also provides 14 user defined I/O lines. A cost-effective I/O expansion board with A/D, D/A, relay drivers and protected inputs is available. The I-7188EX also supports battery back-up SRAM disk board and Flash-Rom board, providing non-volatile mass storage from 2 megabytes to 64 megabytes. The 10BASE-T port is equipped with a RJ-45 connector. The 10BASE-T interface supports max. 100-meter Cable length between I-7188EX and the network hub.
The software library supports TCP/IP protocols & web server. Support the following protocols.
- TCP, Transmission Control Protocol:
Transport layer with connections, flow control and error correction
- UDP, User Datagram Protocol:
Simple connectionless transport layer
- IP, Internet Protocol:
The network layer
- ICMP, Internet Control Message Protocol:
Part of IP for practical purposes
- ARP, Address Resolution Protocol:
Retrieves a host's network controller's hardware address, given the host's Internet address
- Reverse Address Resolution Protocol:
Retrieves a host's Internet address, given the host's network controller's
- AMD 80188-40 embedded CPU or compatible
- Supports a variety of TCP/IP features, including TCP, UDP, IP, ICMP,ARP
- 10BASE-T NE2000 compatible Ethernet Controller
- Reloadable Operating Software
- Remote Configuration
- 64-bit hardware unique serial number inside
- COM driver support interrupt & 1K QUEUE Input & Output buffer
- COM port: COM1, COM2,
- Built-in RTC, NVRAM, EEPROM
- User defined 14 I/O lines
- Built-in I/O expansion bus interface
- Can add on one expansion board only
- Built-in self-tuner ASIC controller on RS-485 port
- 7-segment LED display for I-7188EXD
- Built-in MiniOS7
- Program download port: COM1 or Ethernet Port
Reference & Support
- CPU: Am188TMES, 40M Hz or compatible
- 512K bytes for I-7188EX
- 256K bytes for I-7188EX-256
- Optional battery backup SRAM I/O expansion Boards:
- X607: 128K bytes
- X608: 512K bytes
- Flash Memory: 512K bytes; Erase unit is one sector (64K bytes);100,000 erase/write cycles
- 31 bytes, battery backup
- Data valid up to 10 years
- 2048 bytes (8 blocks, each block has 256 bytes)
- Data retention > 100 years; 1,000,000 erase/write cycles
- Real Time Clock:
- Year-2000 compliance; seconds, minutes, hours, date of the month
- Month, year, valid up from 1980 to 2079
- Ethernet port: 10Base-T
- COM1: RS-232: TXD, RXD, RTS, CTS, GND
- COM2: RS-485: D1+, D1-, self-tuner ASIC inside
- Communication speed: 115,200 bps max.
- User defined I/O pins: 14
- Operating temperature: -25°C to +75°C
- Storage temperature: -40°C to +80°C
- Power requirements: 10 to 30VDC(non-regulated)
- Power consumption:
- 2.0W for I-7188EX
- 3.0W for I-7188EXD
- I-7188EX : 123 mm x 72 mm x 33 mm
- I-7188EX/DW : 123 mm x 64.5 mm x 19.6 mm
3 Axis Encoder,Count...
1 Channel A,D (0 ~ 1...
Small Industrial Enc...
24V , 0.2A 4.8W Powe...
24V , 1.7A 40.8W Pow...
24V , 1A 24W Power S...
The I-3625-ENC IP66 ...