Programmable Device Server with 1 RS-232, 1 RS-422/485, and 1 Single-mode SC Fiber Ports
Connecting the power and host PC
The fiber-optic communications permits transmission over longer distances than other forms of communications because of the signals travel along them with less loss and no crosstalk. It has following important features: Immunity to electromagnetic interference (EMI) — Motors, relays, welders and other industrial equipment generate a tremendous amount of electrical noise that can cause major problems with copper cabling.
- High electrical resistance, making it safe to use near high-voltage equipment or between areas with different earth potentials.
- No sparks — important in flammable or explosive gas environments.
- Not electromagnetically radiating, and difficult to tap without disrupting the signal — important in high-security environments.
- Because of these reasons, optical fibers have largely replaced copper wire communications in core networks in the developed world.
The user-friendly VxComm Driver/Utility allows users to easily turn the built-in COM ports of the PDS-220Fx series into standard COM ports on a PC. By virtue of its protocol independence, a small-core OS and high flexibility, the PDS-220Fx series is able to meet the demands of every network-enabled application.
The PDS-220Fx series includes a powerful and reliable Xserver programming structure that allows you to design your robust Ethernet applications in one day. The built-in, high-performance MiniOS7 boots the PDS-220Fx up in just one second and gives you fastest responses.
The PDS-220Fx is equipped with 1 RS-232 port and 1 RS-485/422 port. The removable on-board terminal block connector is designed for easy and robust wiring in industrial situations.
- Adds optical fiber connectivity to serial devices
- "Virtual COM" extends COM ports
- Virtual COM for 32-bit and 64-bit Windows XP/2003/Vista/7
- Powerful programmable device server
- Watchdog timer suitable for use in harsh environments
- Power Reverse Polarity Protection
- Serial Port +/-4 kV ESD Protection Circuit
- Self-Tuner ASIC controller on the RS-485 port
- RoHS compliant with no Halogen
- Built-in high performance MiniOS7 from ICP DAS
- 100 Base-FX fiber port (SC/ST connectors)
- ODM service Is available
- Low power consumption
- Made from fire retardant materials (UL94-V0 level)
- Factory Automation
- Building Automation
- Home Automation
|CPU||80186-80 MHz or compatible|
|Flash Memory||Flash ROM: 512 KB; Erase unit is one sector (64 KB); 100,000 erase/write cycles|
|Built-in Watchdog Timer||Yes|
|LED Indicators||Sys, Link/Act|
|Fiber Port||100 Base-FX (SC connector)|
|Mode||Single-mode fiber cables: 8.3/125, 8.7/125, 9/125 or 10/125μm
Wavelength: 1300 or 1310nm
Min. TX Output: - 5 dBm,
Max. TX Output: 0 dBm
Max. RX Sensitivity: -35 dBm,
Max. RX Overload: -5 dBm
Budget: 30 dBm
|Distance||60 Km, (9/125 μm recommended) for full duplex|
|COM1||Male DB-9, 5-wire RS-232 (RxD, TxD, CTS, RTS, GND)
Note: +/- 4 kV ESD Protection
|COM2||Removable Terminal Block,
2-wire RS-485 (D+, D-, GND) with Self-tuner ASIC
or 4-wire RS-422 (TxD+, TxD-, RxD+, RxD-, GND)
Note: +/- 4 kV ESD Protection
|COM Port Format|
|Data Bit||7, 8|
|Parity||None, Even, Odd, Mark, Space|
|UART||16c550 or compatible|
|Baud Rate||115200 bps Max.|
|Protection||Power Reverse Polarity Protection|
|Power Consumption||+12 VDC ~ +48 VDC (non-regulated)|
|Power Consumption||0.14 A @ 24 VDC|
|Protection||Power reverse polarity protection|
|Flammability||Fire Retardant Materials (UL94-V0 Level)|
|Dimension (W x H x D)||25 mm x 168 mm x 135 mm|
|Casing||Fire Retardant Plastic|
|Operating Temperature||-25 ~ +75 °C|
|Storage Temperature||-30 ~ +85 °C|
|Humidity||10 ~ 90% RH, non-condensing|
|Fiber Port Connector||ST|
|Model||CPU||SRAM||Flash||Baud Rate||Fiber Port||Mode||Distance||COM1||COM2|
|PDS-220FCS-60||80 MHz||512 KB||512 KB||115200 bps Max.||100 Base-FX,
|Single-Mode||60 km||5-wire RS-232||2-wire RS-485