The GW-7547 (formerly I-7547) is an Ethernet to HART converter specially designed as the master device of HART protocol. When connecting GW-7547 to PC via Ethernet and install the VxComm utility, it will allow users to access the HART devices via virtual COM-port of PC. Therefore, users can make data collection and processing of HART network easier and quicker by applying GW-7547. In addition, we also provide the free HC_Tool utility for module configuration and HART communication test easily.
The HART (Highway Addressable Remote Transducer) protocol uses the Bell 202 Frequency Shift Keying (FSK) standard to superimpose digital communication signals on the 4-20 mA loop current shown as below figure. HART communicates at 1200 bps without interrupting and interference with the 4-20mA signal and allows a host application (master) to send/receive digital information from a smart field device. The 4-20mA signal communicates the primary measured value - the fastest and most reliable industry standard. The digital signal can be used for additional device information including device status, diagnostics, additional measured or calculated values, etc. Therefore, the HART communication including analog and digital information provides a low-cost and very robust complete field communication solution that is easy to use and configure. HART is a master/slave protocol which provides for up to two masters (primary and secondary) and the secondary master such as handheld can be used to monitor/control the informatoin of HART bus. HART can be used in various modes such as point-to-point or multi-drop for communicating information to/from smart field instruments and central control or monitoring systems. The following are the description of two main HART operation modes.
- Relatively easy to understand and use, the HART protocol provides access to the wealth of additional information (variables, diagnostics, calibration, etc.)
- HART is a no risk solution for enhanced field communication
- Compatibility with standard 4-20mA wiring
- Simultaneous transmission of digital data
- Risk reduction through a highly accurate and robust protocol
- Increase Plant Availability
- Reduce Maintenance Costs
- Improve regulatory compliance
- Current Measuring
- Petrochemical Industry Application
- Environment Monitoring
- Tunnel Monitoring
- Monitor system
- Building Monitoring
- Support HART Short/Long frame
- Support HART Burst mode
- Support point-to-point or multi-drop HART mode
- Support connecting up to 15 HART slave devices
- Allow two HART masters
- Provide HC_Tool utility for module configuration and HART communication
- Support firmware update via Ethernet
- Provide PWR / TxRx indication LED
- 4KV ESD Protection
- Built-in Watchdog
- Selectable 250Ω load resistor
- Provide four HART channels
- Support VxComm technique
- Built-In Web Server for network setting
- Support FDT (Field Device Tool) technique and the below FDT software have been tested OK
(1) PACTware (PACTware)
(Free download: http://www.pactware.com/en/products/pactware.html)
(2) FieldCare (Endress+Hauser)
- Search all HART devices automatically
- Provide HART Universal & Common-Practice command (v6.0) for HART device configuration
- Provide module configuration and HART communication easily and quickly
- Provide data logging for HART communication
|Ethernet Port||10/100 Base-TX with Auto MDI/MDI-X|
|Virtual COM||Yes (VxComm Utility)|
|Built-In Web Server||Yes|
|Connector||2-pin screwed terminal block for each HART port|
|Terminator Resistor||Selectable 250 Ω terminal resistor for each HART port|
|4KV ESD Protection||Yes, Contact for each terminal|
|Isolation Voltage||500 VDC|
|LED Display||PWR : Power Indicator
TxRx : Data Received from Ethernet / HART Indicator
|Power supply||Unregulated +10 ~ +30 VDC|
|Protection||Power reverse polarity protection, Over-voltage brown-out protection|
|Power Consumption||Maximum : 1.5W|
|Installation||DIN-Rail or Wall Mounting|
|Dimensions||123 mm x 72 mm x 35 mm (H x W x D)|
|Operating Temp.||-25 ℃ ~ +75 ℃ (-13 to 167 ℉)|
|Storage Temp.||-30 ℃ ~ +80 ℃ (-22 to 176 ℉)|
|Humidity||5% ~ 95% RH, non-condensing|
Modbus RTU to HART G...
8 Channel Voltage In...
PROFIBUS to RS-232,4...
Small Industrial Enc...
24V , 0.2A 4.8W Powe...
24V , 1.7A 40.8W Pow...
The I-3625-ENC IP66 ...
24V , 1A 24W Power S...